Thank you for visiting this page!
So you have decided to start a blog. You are at right place to learn things about starting a blog and making passive income by doing online business of your choice/interest. I will provide you resources to start your website.
Let me ask you a question before we start – Are you want to start a blog or a blog which earns good income per month?
Yes, you can earn from your blog and become an online entrepreneur.
I will guide you exactly what it takes you to start a blog of your own today. I have also mentioned the process of how to create content for your blog and to make some money from the blog. Get through the article and you should have a blog of your own running in few minutes.
A step-by-step guide to start a blog
To start a blog, you need three things and you will get an overview of it once you follow the below steps. Here I have made it for you simple and short:
- Select the best platform to create a blog – To create a blog first you need to select the good platform and fresh content for your site.
- Create your domain name and hosting – To access your content globally, you need these two things online.
- Justify your blog – Once your blog is up and running, I will show you the path to make it professional.
It looks so simple. Right! Yes, you can make it with these steps. Read the whole process to make it real and awe-inspiring.
Selecting the best platform
In today’s web world creating a blog is much easier, faster and cheaper. You need not to have knowledge about any coding or programming languages. You just be capable of updating fresh content and basics of Computer and Internet. There are many free software available on the internet to create your blog or site and go live without any designing skills.
But, before going live with your blog, you should know which blogging platform is best for you and your site. I have provided the information about best blogging platforms are being used today in my posts. I have detailed each platform like pros, cons and its specifications for your better understanding.
As per my knowledge and research, WordPress is the best solution for starting a blog.
In comparison to the many site design editors, platforms and content management systems on the internet today, more than 30% of all sites on the internet use WordPress.
The main reasons you love WordPress are:
- It’s free to start a new blog with lot of key features.
- Easy for beginners as it has thousands of themes and plugins that you can use to customize all aspects of your blog.
- On WordPress site itself you will get lot of free resources blogs, tutorials and community support to maintain your website with ease.
- Since WordPress providing responsive themes, the website looks amazing on your mobile devices and as well as tablets.
- WordPress has been downloaded millions of times and has been used by many of the top blogs like NBA Sports, CNN and TechCrunch.
And all these are for Free!
Now that you’ve seen why and how WordPress is being used to make blogging and site creation so easy. The next step in the process is to select a hosting provider and pick a great domain name for your site.
Selecting Domain Name and Hosting
After choosing the blogging platform, it’s time to setup the two most important factors to getting your blog live.
- A Domain Name – This is the address you type in whenever you want to visit a site. (www.yourblogname.com)
- A Hosting Provider – This is the service that places your site content on the internet for others to see.
If it’s the first time that you are creating a site or blog on your own, don’t worry this process of setting up is very simple. Once you are done with these things, you don’t need to mess around with any of these two settings again.
Setting up a domain name is easy. But getting the real name is the toughest part, which isn’t registered yet. On an average a domain name costs around Rs.299 ($5) per year. However, you will get good promotional offer from my recommended web host provider, BlueHost.com, where they will give you a free domain if you set up a web hosting plan today.
In addition to a free domain name, when you setup your hosting with Bluehost, you will also receive premium hosting for just minimal price. This will also allow you to setup a unique email account for your site as well (such as email@example.com), which is a lot more professional than a free Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail account. It’s all very easy to setup once setup with Bluehost.
How to Pick a Great Domain Name
With all of that in mind, here are a few tips on how to pick a great domain name for your blog.
- Keep it short and simple
- Stay away from numbers and dashes
- Pick a name that is easy to spell and memorable
- Don’t use any copyright or trademarked names
- Use keywords that are relevant to your topic
- Stick with a .com, .net or .org domain extension
Everyday thousands of domains are registered. If you don’t find the original name for your blog, try to register on your real name. The real name blog will become an unique one because it gives a brand mark to your profile and site.
Justify your blog
Now, it’s time to start your blog. You can write about whatever you want. Before you start writing, just think about the past things happened to you or your favorite food or something else.
Your blog is one of the thousand million blogs on the internet. If you want it to be read by lots of people and stand out of crowd, you need to provide the valuable information and purpose.
With your domain name, hosting and WordPress all setup, you can dive right into WordPress and start creating content for your site.
Writing good content for your blog is very important. It is like pillar to your blog. To build audience, writing good content helps you a lot. Before you start writing content, you should ask few questions yourself.
- How to get ideas for content?
- How much time it take to complete an article?
- How the quality of the content measured?
- How to write interesting content for readers?
- What things you have to do to improve the followers?
- Who inspired you to create the blog?
- How will you take your blog to more readers/followers?
Before starting a blog, read about successful bloggers and how they made it? You will get lot of references from online and try to grasp their tips and tricks to earn money online.